Thursday 25 August 2016

Bran muffins

**This is copied from my old blog I had back in 2013. I thought this recipe was worth re-sharing.**


Here's a recipe for great bran muffins that I made this week. This is an excellent breakfast food, especially good with peanut butter and a glass of milk. Also perfect if you want to grab something quick for lunch - one of these saved my life the other day at work when I didn't have my usual packed lunch and was too busy to go out and buy something to eat. They may not be the prettiest-looking things ever but are tasty, filling and contain bran so can't be all that bad for you!




INGREDIENTS:

75g wheat bran
250ml buttermilk
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
small pinch of salt
150g soft brown sugar
75ml vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract



METHOD:

In a bowl, combine the wheat bran with the buttermilk and set aside for 10 minutes.



In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, the oil, the egg & the vanilla extract - beat well until smooth.




Add in the bran and buttermilk mixture, then sieve in all the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon.



Distribute the batter between muffin cases - this recipe makes 12 smallish or 8 large ones.



Bake in 190°C for 15-20 minutes, then leave to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment